Sunday 23 November 2014

Top 3 // Winter Lipsticks

 Hi all! 

So this is my first official make upy (is that a word?) post and in honor of my blogs name, I thought I'd start with a lipstick post.

The month of winter is well and truly upon us which means that my trusty winter lipsticks have made it through the lonely summer months and are finally getting some use hurrah! My favorite season is actually winter, mostly for the make up, but a tiny bit because I'm always cold and its acceptable to wear 10 layers in winter... you just get looked at funny in summer if you do it! 

Here are my 3 favourite winter lipsticks this year (in no particular order)


Lasting Finish by Kate Moss for Rimmel in 01 . B Beauty lipstick in 187 Gothika . Lasting Finish by Kate Moss for Rimmel in 107


First up is the good old trusted Kate Moss lipstick in the colour 107. I have had this for well over a year now... well not this exact stick, but you catch my drift. It was the first ever dark, more vampy, lipstick that I had ever used and I still use it now. It is just such a lovely colour! Its super pigmented and it just glides on so easily. It's more of a matte lipstick so it isn't very moisturising but it isn't overly drying like some lipsticks. Man, I just love this and I can imagine it will be in my make up bag for a very long time!




This is a very recent purchase for me. The only B Beauty products I have is the blusher which I do love so after searching endlessly for the perfect purple, I stumbled on this one day on Instagram and it was the best decision ever! The colour is just lovely... the swatch doesn't really do it any justice really. It is super moisturing but it doesn't need millions of layers to produce a noticeable colour on your lips. Plus the packaging is brilliant. Instead of having a lid that pulls off, you have to press the bottom in and pull the actually lipstick out which stops the lid coming off in your make up bag or hand bag. Genius! Well done B Beauty, well done idead!




 Ah the post box red lipstick. Well almost post box red! What make up bag is complete without a post box red lippie... I'll stop saying post box red now haha! This little beauty is the Kate Moss lipstick in the colour 01. With this being in the same range as the 107 above, there isn't much to say really other than this colour makes me feel like I could do just about anything and look smoking while I do it!

........................................................................

I also love a good lip balm during winter, because I get terribly dry and cracked lips. My favourite at the moment is the Balmi lip balm in strawberry (I think... it's the pink one anyway). The smell is absolutely divine and I make everyone I know smell it every time I use it!

........................................................................

So those are my favourite but I'd like to hear yours! What lipsticks do you love in the winter? or are you more of a summer make up lover? What is your holy grail of lipsticks regardless of season? Or are you more of a lip gloss lover? 

Let me know, I would love to hear your thoughts!

 Lots of love, hugs, and a dash of lipstick,

Leanne xo




No comments:

Post a Comment